2022-2023 Scholarship Award
The Show Me Food Safety Scholarship Award is aimed at individuals who are currently enrolled in a food science, food safety, or a related degree program. These students will fill out an application and be given a chance to demonstrate how they have improved or plan to improve the food supply chain.
Current Scholarship Amount
The total scholarship amount is $1,000 which is awarded to the student in $500 increments per semester enrolled in that academic year.
To be eligible for the Show Me Food Safety Scholarship Award you must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate interest in and commitment to food safety and quality as a student enrolled in food safety or another program related to food microbiological or toxicological safety (undergraduate or graduate level) at a university at the time of the application deadline.
- Attend an accredited, 4-year college or university within the United States (Sophomore-Senior)
- Achieve a 3.0 (out of 4.0) cumulative college GPA.
- Submit application as instructed by the deadline below. This includes:
- Official Transcript
- Work Experience or Internships
- Extra-curricular Activities
- Involvement in the Community
- Honors and Awards
- Letter of Recommendation (No more than two)
Applications are now being accepted for next Fall and will be accepted until March 31, 2022. All applications will be reviewed by the board of directors with the chosen student being announced May 1, 2022.
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Once you have submitted your completed application, you will receive an immediate acknowledgement via email.
- Applicants will be notified of the final decision no later than May 1, 2022.
- All applications must be submitted in English to facilitate review.
- Accepted Degree Programs Include: Food Safety, Food Science, Microbiology, Toxicology, Epidemiology, etc.
Click here to review and complete your application.
2021-2022 Scholarship Award Winner!
Show Me Food Safety is pleased to highlight our Scholarship Award Recipient for the 2021-2022 school year. Congratulations Monika Dziuba!
Monika is a Full-Time student at Michigan State University pursuing a Degree in Master of Science in Food Safety and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. After Monika receives her degree, she hopes to play a role in the education and assistance of both the consumers and manufacturers in our growing food production market. She plans to serve our food producers by assisting them with herd health and animal production as well as consumers by ensuring a safe and healthy product.
Monika’s ultimate goal is to become a staff veterinarian for a large dairy company. With such a position, Monika will be able to offer her expertise in scientific and veterinary knowledge to the management of these meat and dairy plants to ensure that farmers and consumers are benefiting from healthy animals and safe products.
Monika has demonstrated her passion for the animal production industry and commitment to healthy practices. Her past experience and research in laboratory and dairy farm settings have had a direct impact on the advancement of the bovine veterinary and food production industry already. Apart from her research, Monika has also given back to the community by serving as a member of the MSU Tower Guard Organization to assist students with disabilities overcome certain limitations in order to succeed in their studies.
Show Me Food Safety is honored to highlight Monika Dziuba’s commitment to Food and Animal Safety. We believe that Monika is a very deserving recipient for this scholarship award, and we are excited to be able to assist her on the road to achieving her goals. Good luck with everything for the years to come and your professional pursuits, Monika!
2020-2021 Scholarship Award Winner!
Hello! My name is Kelsey Meyer and I was chosen as a recipient of the 2020-2021 Show Me Food Safety Scholarship Award. I am currently enrolled at Michigan State University in the Online Master of Food Safety Program. I completed my Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science from The Pennsylvania State University in 2013 and currently reside in my hometown of Lamar, Pennsylvania with my husband Brett, my black lab/golden retriever dog, Max and my all black cat, Spook. I am employed as the Food Safety Manager of Snavely’s Mill Inc., which is a sixth-generation family owned and operated trio of flour mills in the southeastern and central parts of Pennsylvania. My main responsibilities are ensuring our company is compliant with GFSI schemes, specifically Safe Quality Foods, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications. In my free time between work and school, I love to go camping with my husband and dog, as well as kayaking, reading, UTV riding and helping my parents on their farm.